Uptown Business Association
The mission of the Association is to preserve and enhance Uptown as a vibrant, innovative and attractive urban place. We support the success of existing and future businesses.
The Association is a partner with Auckland Council in its city-wide Business Improvement Programme (BID Programme) and derives its income from a separate rate collected by council from business and property owners within its precinct boundary. It is governed by an executive committee comprising of Uptown Business leaders and local board representatives. As an incorporated society, a constitution prescribes its rules of operation.
Uptown is an area experiencing rapid change.
As a meeting point for some of Auckland’s most famous roads, we are literally “on the rise”. Also we are growing as new buildings and businesses support a growing residential population.
It’s an exciting place to work, live and play.
On behalf of its members, the Uptown Business Association:
- Promotes the precinct identity and activity through marketing activity.
- Encourages business collaboration and cross-promotion with networking activity.
- Advocates the interests of Uptown businesses to local bodies over major
development works in the area.
- Delivers enhanced security services to protect businesses and monitor/report
damage to public property.
- Provides a catalyst to improve the area’s “sense of place”.
- Provides a link between businesses and the resident community.